I think this has been the best Halloween yet! We had a full day full of Halloween activities!
The kids had the Halloween parade at school. Emily had decided that she wanted to be a witch and I found a great costume for her when I was up in Portland with Kathi. The week OF Halloween she decided that she wanted to be the Phantom of the Opera! I scrambled to find a mask online and have it shipped fast and the rest just fell into place. She used my cloak that I have had forever and I found a black wig and neck tie and necklace at Smiths. I was really happy with the way it all came together. The best part was no one even knew who she was! She came up with it all by herself and was really happy with the costume!
Ty was a GI Joe Guy. We found his costume at Costco clear back in the beginning of September. He loved it because it had built in muscles. And I really liked the helmet. We sprayed his hair red for the school parade. I helped with his Halloween Party in his Kindergarten class. My station was cookie decorating. We used spaghetti licorice to make legs and turned the cookies into spiders. The kids had a fun time and there are always those few that put three inches of frosting and completely cover the whole cookie with assorted sprinkles. That always makes me laugh. They had enough helpers in Emily's class so I went with Marin to help her in Michael's 6th grade class. Ty came with us and helped us pass out the cookies, frosting and sprinkles.
My little Phantom
This house had compression hoses that made the zombie fall forward. The banshe in the cage rattle and there was loud pops and spooky music. The picture really doesnt do it justice!
When Kenny got home we hit the neighborhood for trick-or-treating. Emily was fading towards the end so we packed up and headed to the Coleman's to see grandma and grandpa. Kenny's neighborhood has always been the place to be on Halloween night! My sister Steph and I used to grab a PILLOW CASE and get dropped off and be gone until there were no more porch lights on. It is such a fun neighborhood and almost everyone participates in the spooky fun! We found some incredible houses that were decorated and totally decked out. There was three houses serving hot homemade doughnuts. One house did cotten candy. Another house was serving homemade sugar cookies. There were 100's of kids out and you could hear spooky music up and down the streets. Our kids have never had enough stamina to actually be out longer than the 26 houses in our neighborhood! But I think because of how much fun it was they were ready to GO go GO! We walked them around for a few hours and they totally filled their buckets! It was awesome!!! After we had our fill we headed to the Colby's to see my mom. My dad was at work so just Grandma was home. We sat and had a lovely visit.... there was a show on TV about stick ball in the streets of New York. Since Kenny served his mission in NY he saw a lot of those games when he was there. He explained stuff to my mom while I looked at the news paper and the kids played. It was the perfect way to end the evening.We brought home two exhausted but very happy children that night!


No comments:
Post a Comment